Scroll to top
Application Approval Guidelines
- Rental History: Applications that display a history of prior evictions, overdue rent payments, unauthorized breach of contract and/or property damage will be subject to denial.
- Income Verification: Monthly rent may not be greater than 35% of the gross annual income (before taxes) of applicants. All verifiable sources of income count towards this total. If you do not meet this qualification, you can submit a co-signer application or apply for a different apartment at a lower rent.
- Credit History: Bertsch Properties verifies your credit history. If you do not have any credit history, we may require a co-signer. Poor credit may require a co-signer or result in rejection of an application.
- Criminal History: In accordance with the Just Housing Ordinance, Bertsch Properties checks the criminal history of all applicants, including but not limited to felony records and sex offender databases.
- Occupancy limits: Applications that exceed the limits listed below will not be accepted:
- Studios: one person
- One bedrooms: two people
- Two bedrooms and Three bedrooms: four people
- Response time for applications: We will contact you within 1-2 business days of receiving your application, provided you have paid the applicable fees and timely submitted the proper documentation, to verify your information.
- Deadline for Leases: The applicant must sign a lease within 2 business days after notification of approval. The first month’s rent must be paid in full with certified funds at the time the lease is signed.